Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Welcome back :) FFI Prayer letter, July 19th

Greetings once again! I sent out the 2nd prayer letter this evening and am also posting it here. Thank you for your support and encouragement! :) I have also fixed the comments part of the blog so that anyone can leave a comment so feel free to drop me a note or let me know what you would like to hear about. Have a wonderful evening! Meg Hello friends and family! Wow! A month has already past since I last wrote you, which means that I am one month closer to leaving for Colorado Springs! In fact, in exactly 43 days I will be leaving with my mom to fly to Denver. Again, wow! That seems so short! Everything is falling into place in terms of the preparations for our arrival. I received confirmation at the end of last month that my registration file was complete and now have the forms to fill out for my practicum. I will not find out until after I arrive at the Focus Institute what my actual practicum will be so I will let you know when I find not. Needless to say, there's nothing directly related to meteorology to choose from so wherever I am placed will be a new adventure. :) As students, we have been getting to know each other through Facebook groups and the e-mail listserv that was set up for us. Everyone is really excited and anxious to meet in person. Thank you once again for your prayer and encouragement in this experience. I really cherish the support. Here are a few specific things that I would greatly appreciate prayer for: 1. The financial situation. My parents have agreed to split the cost with me, but the cost of attending is still high. I will be using all of my paychecks from WeatherBug this summer to help cover my portion. A good friend reassured me that where God leads, God provides, so I'm excited to see how God will work in the coming months. 2. Mental and heart preparations as I get closer to leaving for the Focus on the Family Institute. The semster in Colorado will be intense emotionally, spiritually, and physically. Please pray that God would begin to work in my heart starting now. 3. In addition to the above, Sunday, July 22nd marks 40 days until my departure for FFI. Since 40 days is used often in the Bible as a time of change or preparation for change, I have decided to use this time to prepare myself mentally, spiritually and physically for my time at FFI. Please pray for strength and commitment on my part during this last month and a half. I am continuing to maintain a blog at http://morrepic.blogspot.com/ where you can find these update letters as well as other entries and a countdown to when I leave at the end of August. Once I get to FFI, I hope to update the blog once a week and send out e-mails twice a month. Again, please feel free to forward this e-mail to others you think might like to receive it or let me know if you think someone should be on the list. Thank you! I can't say it enough. God bless and have a wonderful weekend! In Christ, Meghan Orr Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

No comments: