Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

A New Chapter in Life, or Why I Decided to Rename My Blog

I started this blog as a way to capture some of my adventures at the Focus Leadership Institute out in Colorado and I am so glad I did. It's been a great outlet for writing but now, as I've entered a new chapter in life, I feel like my blog needs to change with me some. And one of the ways of doing that is by changing the name of my blog (if it's available, the URL will change to match). Koinonia is a great name, don't get me wrong, and I still want to drive to experience it in my life but I've also grown since then and much has happened. I figured the name of the blog should reflect that. :) Besides, I figured I should probably chose something that was in English instead of Greek, along with trying to match the URL to my blog's name.

So here are some of my ideas for a new name (all pending availability)...

*Looks, Books and Cooks (you know...photos, good reads and yummy food from our adventure)
*Our (More or Less) Epic Adventure
*The Middle Places
*The Clark Chronicle (what I named our Christmas letter this year)
*Dreams, Schemes and other Themes
*Small Apartment in the Medium Suburbs
*setoN s'nahgeM (Reflecting on my life...because hindsight is 20/20)
*My Front Porch Looking In (based on the country song by Lonestar)
*Faith for Wings ("...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles...")
*My Grandmother's China (Because we all pass something on to those that come after us...)

I would love your input as I ponder this issue. Do you like any of the names above? Have any others to suggest that you think would be better? I'm all ears! :)

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

1 comment:

Matt & Lyns said...

What is the thought behind "the Middle Places"? Is there a theme behind it or a story? I really like "My Grandmother's China" and the idea that we all leave something behind. Your thoughts and stories are great things to leave for others to learn from and are challenging. I think regardless of what your new title is, it should remain personal to your life and what you want your life to be and how you want to share you life. That's why I chose "Blessed Be:" for our title-my life has always been incredibly blessed and now our life together has blown our socks off with how blessed we are. And we want to be a blessing to others-even if it is in reading about our crazy adventures and what's going on. Hope this was helpful!! I'm excited to see where your blog (and life really) takes you!! And if I ever rename our blog I'm going to steal "Dreams, Schemes, and Other Themes" cause that is totally me!!! Ask poor Matt, I'm always scheming ;)