Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Generosity

"You made my day!"

How much do we love hearing those words? Or, instead, how awesome does it feel when someone does that for you and you get to tell them that they made your day? But have you ever thought what might have gone on behind the scenes for them to be able to leave that impression?

It struck me this past weekend that often blessings in our lives come from sacrifices in the life of someone else.

I had the opportunity to offer a concert ticket to someone who had always wanted to hear the choir that was singing but had never had the chance. They were so excited and I loved hearing that I had made such an impact on their day. But a small bit of sadness settled in later when it occurred to me that the reason I was able to offer this opportunity was that my husband would be on travel and wouldn't be able to attend like we had originally planned.

In the end, his trip changed and we got an extra ticket so that we could all go to the concert but it still got me thinking...how often are there sacrifices I never know of in the lives of those around me that have benefited me in some way?

Something to think about...


"Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:7-8

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: