Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Factual Friday: Eight is great!

Fact: Dan and I have been officially dating for eight months! :)

If you had told me a year and a half ago that this is where I would be now, I probably would have laughed at you. I had recently moved to Germantown, found a great church, and was enjoying my job. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that path would lead me through a layoff, back home, and into the arms of the most wonderful man I know.

Eight months ago, the D.C. cherry blossoms were in bloom and so was our relationship. That day seems so long ago and yet so recent at the same time. So much has happened in that time and I know there are still many more adventures to come.

As we approach Christmas, I hope that you will take time from your busy schedules to spend time with those you love. Whether it’s a spouse, significant other, a sibling, or a friend, I hope you will spend some time in their company celebrating how God has worked in your life this past year. It’s so easy to get busy and overlook the importance of slowing down and remembering the true reason for our celebration: that God became a man and dwelt among us in order to redeem us to Himself. Merry Christmas!

Soli Deo Gloria!
Meghan

No comments: