Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

RIP Grandma Cottle

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now...Come further up, come further in!" ~Jewel the Unicorn, from "The Last Battle", C.S. Lewis 
Grandma Betty Cottle
"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning." ~Aslan, from "The Last Battle", C.S. Lewis
At our Michigan reception, showing us the doily she made for us
Dear friends, it is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of Dan's grandmother, Betty Cottle. We will be traveling to Michigan this week for her funeral on Thursday. We mourn our loss but celebrate the Kingdom's gain as she is freed from her suffering and welcomed home into the arms of her Savior. 
"All their life in this world...had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has read: which goes on forever: in which every chapter is better than the one before." ~the end of "The Last Battle", C.S. Lewis
Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: