Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

"NEw" Observations

Now that we've been in Nebraska for almost four months, I've learned several things about myself and my new surroundings that I thought I would share. :)


#1: I learn my way around a lot faster when the streets are in a grid system.
See all those nice roads that have numbers? They're all going north/south. See that road going east/west in the middle, labeled "O Street"? It's the north/south delineation for road names (N. 14th vs. S. 14th). I've been able to go out now without the GPS several times and know that I could find my way home. :) It's quite the feeling of accomplishment.

#2: Skunks seem to be the most common form of roadkill.
Don't know why...all I know is that I try to avoid them whenever I see them. No sense making my car smelly.

#3: If you have to go out, never leave the house until after kickoff on football game days (home OR away).
If it's a home game, then everyone is getting to the stadium. If it's an away game, everyone is out getting snacks or heading to friends' to watch the game. Either way, it's really much less crowded on the roads and in stores if you just wait until after kickoff. :) In a similar vein, make sure to be back again before the game ends.

Not our actual garage
#4: We love having a garage!
Our townhome has an attached 2-car garage and we are so enjoying the convenience and comfort of having it, especially when it snows.Makes it a lot easier when you don't have to clear off your car the next time you want to go out. We've so enjoyed it that I think it's going on the "must have" list when we start looking at homes.

#5: Hobby Lobby is A-MAZING!
Oh my gosh, I had no idea what I was missing! I had heard rave reviews from friends that had visited a Hobby Lobby before but had no clue what was in store for me when I visited for the first time. I've loved making return visits for yarn, home decor, Christmas items, and crochet supplies. I love it...and I really hope the government stops harassing it...

Well, that about sums it up for the first batch of lessons and observations from NE! :) I look forward to seeing what else I will learn in the months and years to come as we explore our new home.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: