Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Overdue update from June 1st

Sorry about being delayed in getting this up. :) This update was originally sent out on June 1st. Enjoy!
So it's been awhile since my last update again...I think I need to leave reminders for myself to do these. :) Maybe then they'll actually be more frequent.
Work has been going well. I'm slowly adapting to the shift rotations. Starting this weekend, I will be working the 4th and final shift rotation (Th-Su, 1pm-Mid) before going back to the graveyard shift in July. My first article as an official meteorologist was published on the WeatherBug website which was a very exciting moment for me. You can find it here. My bio was also added to our website which you can find here. I have a few other articles in the works and will make sure to pass those along as well when they're published out.
Otherwise, life has taken a fairly sedate pace. I have found a church where I can get plugged in and get to know some of the people. So far I've mostly only met those in my Sunday School, but I've only been there for a short time and with crazy hours I can't always make other events at the church. Hopefully in the weeks to come God will open up opportunities to meet other members of the church. I've also been able to do a lot of pleasure reading, which I love. I'm almost through the entire Chronicles of Narnia currently and plan on finishing The Screwtape Letters next.
On a technical note: I will not be as available online as I usually am. I returned to Germantown after spending Memorial Day weekend at home to find the AC adapter for my laptop had inexplicably failed and my laptop had run on battery for as long as it could. Since it may be awhile before I get it replaced, I will only be accessing the internet at work and at the library so my reponse times may be longer. I apologize for any inconvenience. If you need to reach me, my work IM is MegWxBug or feel free to call on the cell.
I hope you have all had a lovely Sabbath and a good weekend.
Soli Deo Gloria!
Meghan

No comments: