Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Provision

Recently, I found myself thinking about how God will provide for our needs. The theme is mentioned over and over in Scripture how God provides for His people and how He is Jehovah-Jireh, God Who Sees/Provides.

"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

The Greek word used here for "will supply" was often translated as "fulfill" as well. God will FULFILL our needs! Not just provide for them or meet us halfway, but entirely fulfill our needs.

Until recently, I kept telling myself that God will provide for our next step in life. We've been looking towards the future and have wanted to start arranging our lives for that purpose. We've been praying and seeking God's plans and talking about what we believe His will is for our lives. But as time kept passing without seemingly any real, concrete movement in some direction, part of me became discouraged. That is until I realized it had nothing to do with me and what we were trying to do.

At one point recently, instead of telling myself "God will provide", I found myself thinking "God HAS TO provide!" When I stopped to consider that thought it occurred to me that I/we could do nothing past a certain amount of effort to move in the direction we believe God is leading us. It's up to Him to take my meager efforts, offered to Him as completely inadequate, and make something wonderful from them. He does indeed have to provide if this is, in fact, His will for our lives.

So we keep plodding along, waiting in faith for something beyond our control to happen, partnering with God to do what we can. Our trust is in Him and His love for us as His children. I know He has to provide in this case. For now, the struggle is to throw off my ideas of how that should look or what time frame it should follow. His ways are not my ways.

They are significantly better. :)

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: