Pages

Friday, January 6, 2017

Doppelganger

So apparently I have a doppelganger...

Not in the sense of looks necessarily, but in several aspects of our lives.

Meet Meg (not kidding, her name really is Megan). She writes a column called "Right, Meg?" for the local newspaper where my parents live.This photo is just a sample of the columns my mom has sent me with her notes on them. They include topics like how much she loves her Crock Pot (I hugged mine when it came out of storage 6 years ago), how her son was shy on ultrasound (we never saw our Munchkin's face before he was born), and two different columns about two different moves in her life. There have been many more columns over the years about her love of books, planning her wedding, moving, and preparing for the birth of her son who was due almost exactly a year after mine (he ended up coming early).

I really enjoy reading the clippings my mom sends me of Meg's writing. It's uncanny sometimes how similar the situations are that we find ourselves dealing with in life. I almost wish we could sit down together with some pumpkin spice lattes (something else we both enjoy) and compare notes. I don't know if we'd be friends, but I enjoy the articles my mom sends me that exemplify the similarities between our lives.

Have you ever met someone you've clicked with immediately? The kind that embodies the C.S. Lewis quote "Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another 'What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .'"? I've had a couple of friends like that and they are truly treasures. Of course, sometimes you have that moment with friends you've been growing closer to over the course of years and they are just as precious.

So grab one of those friends this week and take them for a cup of coffee. Let them know how much you appreciate them and their friendship. :) And follow Meg on Twitter @rightmeg! :)

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

1 comment:

Mom said...

And don't forget you both went to UMD, love crafting and dislike spiders (or anything that's creepy and crawly!) I've SO enjoyed sharing her columns with you hon :D Gives me a way to stay connected!!!