Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Love Does

I bought a new CD the other day and immediately listened to the whole thing...who wouldn't? But there was one song that stuck in my mind and made me think of one of my best friends.

Many of my blog readers know my friend Holly. Holly and I met one summer evening when we TP'd a mutual friend's car while home from college. :) Ah, college...

Anyway...Holly has been living overseas for two years. She is on the front lines in fulfilling Our Father's commission in southeast Asia. I was super-blessed that she came back to be my maid of honor at our wedding and also that I've been able to Skype with her a few times (timing, third-world internet, and Lord willing).

I know how much I love this girl. I know how much she is in my heart, thoughts, and prayers. I know how excited I am for her to return to the field this June after her hiatus and I know that she will do some amazing things for the Kingdom. But I also know there is a lot I don't know.

Because of where she is located and for security reasons, I don't know all the places she has traveled. There are stories I will never hear. I don't always know when I'll get to talk to her again. I'm not even sure I'll ever get to see her in person again this side of heaven.

I don't know all the souls that now know our Father because of her efforts. But I know the One who does know all these things.

So this song is for my friend, Holly, and those around the world just like her, those I know and those I don't. When it feels like no one knows or hears, Love does. This one goes out to the world changers...

This one goes out to the world changer
Shining your light in the face of danger
Oh, tell us what you know
You’re a saint, you’re a son, you’re a promise keeper
Bottom of the well, still digging down deeper
Oh, how far you gonna go

Chasing down hope
Moving on dreams
Taking that path
Maybe it’ll lead you home
Maybe it won’t

(Chorus)
Nobody knows why your heart is broken
Nobody cries while your prayers are going up
But Love does
Nobody walks on the road you’re paving
Nobody sees all the souls you’re saving
Oh, but Love does
Love does
Love does

This is for the one on the front line fighting
Ringing that bell over everybody
Oh, tell us what you know
Knocking down doors in the midnight alley
Looking for a life in a desert valley
Oh, how far you gonna go

Chasing down hope
Moving on dreams
Taking that path
Maybe it’ll lead you home
Maybe it don’t

You are a renegade
You’re an outlaw of Love’s crusade
And they don’t know who you are
They don’t know
They don’t know
But Love does
I’m telling you, Love does

Somebody knows
Somebody cries
Somebody feels
Love does
Somebody walks
Somebody sees
Somebody knows
Love does

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: