Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Make Me an Offer

Friends! I am so excited to tell you that we are in the process of buying a house!!

We have been searching for months and at times I admit it was really discouraging to see multiple houses in a row that were all a bust. I specifically remember breaking down in tears in the converted attic space (1/2 story) of one house as I wondered if we would find something in a reasonable time and before our current lease ran out.

Well, we did! I even remember telling Dan the night before we saw our house that I thought it had potential based on the listing and pictures. But then we drove to it...and I realized where it was located. I began to second-guess myself. The house was fabulous...but would I be okay living on the edge of town?

I thought about it, slept on it, prayed about it. Then I Googled it. Turns out the house is no farther from anything than where we live now and it's in a more established neighborhood! It's even closer to some things that we are now. Then of course there's the benefit of it being our own home, not a rental. 

So I asked if we could see it a second time. We saw it the first time on a Tuesday (in bad weather so we couldn't really look outside) and then again on Friday. In between, it turns out someone else submitted an offer but the owners allowed us to still see it again so we could submit an offer.

So we took the plunge! We saw it again then sat in a Subway to immediately draw up the papers. We even waited in the parking lot while our realtor called the listing realtor and let her know what our offer was. With one adjustment to the closing date, our offer was accepted!

So now we are knee deep in mortgage paperwork, making insurance appointments, and attending inspections. Things are going smoothly so far and we hope it continues that way! We're pretty excited and are slowly beginning the process of packing the non-essentials. I am excited that this will hopefully be the last move for a while, Lord-willing!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: