Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Oops!

I guess it’s a reminder that I’m only human but last week I forgot my Factual Friday post. In fact, I didn’t post all week. Sorry! :(

Life has been wonderfully busy and I have been handsomely distracted. ;) One of my recent adventures was an afternoon with Dan that involved taking my teenage sister and 3 of her friends to a corn maze. The farm that hosts the yearly event also has wagon rides, a petting zoo, and a straw pit that you can jump in (or get pushed in to).

Dan and I went through the corn maze twice. There are two phases (one shorter, one longer) and at the beginning, the gentleman working the maze said they weren’t connected. So we dove into Phase 1. About 30 seconds into it, we decided to have fun and only make right turns. The only problem is that the two phases were connected…they shared the same exit. So when we got to the end of Phase 1, we continued to make right turns…and ended up going through Phase 2 backwards! Definitely lots of fun. Later, we ended up going back through Phase 1 (it was the longest one after all) but this time only made left turns.

Remembering this wonderful weekend made me think about a verse that also mentions making right and left turns:

Isaiah 30:21 “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way; walk in it.’”

As a Christian indwelt by the Holy Spirit, I have a built in Navigator telling me where my path is. The only problem is, as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I’m human and prone to push the ‘mute’ button when I don’t like what my Guide has to say and then I wonder why God is further away. He’s not the one that’s moved; I moved away by not listening to His direction.

The closer I draw to God though, the more attune I am to the distance separating us when I make a wrong turn. When I am more aware of the impact of my decision, the sooner I can repent and move back towards my Father. Those open arms are such a welcoming place to be. :)

Where are you today, my friend? Maybe you’ve taken a step off the path that God would have you walk. He’s waiting to welcome you back with open arms. I hope you can experience His love and direction as He guides you in your everyday walk. Don’t limit the impact He can have in your life by pressing the ‘mute’ button.


Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan


At the Bowles Farm Corn Maze

No comments: