Pages

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

**This entry is being automatically posted as I am actually on a Disney Cruise Ship somewhere in the Caribbean!**

I hope you all are having a Happy Thanksgiving! What a wonderful time to set aside the busy-ness and craziness of everyday life, take a step back to see the big picture, and give God thanks for all that He has done and continues to do in our lives.

The Israelites had many feasts throughout the year to remember God’s provision and ask His blessing in the season to come. The annual feasts were centered on spring and fall planting and harvest times in order to remind them where their food actually came from and that the land belonged to God. At the end of harvest, it truly would have been a time of thanksgiving for God’s goodness.

As we reflect today, what are you thankful for this year? I know I am thankful for a mighty God, my health, my family, a loving, godly boyfriend, a good job, and wonderful friends. God has provided so much this past year that sometimes it’s overwhelming to think of but I am so glad that I serve the good and perfect Lord and that I get to see Him work in my life and the lives of those around me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: