Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Factual Friday...on Tuesday!

Fact: It is possible for February to have five Sundays.

If I haven’t introduced you already, welcome to the randomness that is my mind. You know how occasionally we have five Sundays in a month? Well, I got to thinking about whether or not February, with its fewer days, could ever have five Sundays. Turns out, under special circumstances, it can! If the first day of February falls on a Sunday during a leap year, then the 29th will also fall on Sunday, making it the fifth Sunday that month.

And...I have absolutely no clue where that came from. I think I was still half-asleep when I figure that one out. Like I said, my mind likes to be random occasionally, though it’s usually random music associations, not philosophical questions about calendar arrangements.

“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!” ~Psalm 139:13-17

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: