Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Factual Friday: Measuring up

Fact: “The distance between your elbow and wrist is the same length as your foot!”

At least according to the back of my oatmeal packet this morning it is. The first thing I did was look at my arm and think to myself, “My foot can’t possibly be that long!” I have yet to actually pull out a ruler or tape measure and verify the veracity of this “fact” but I thought it was intriguing nonetheless. I’ve heard a couple of other things like this over the years. The one that sticks with me is that your arm span is the same as your height, which from my experience is pretty close.

It’s amazing how God knit us together. I have several friends who have recently experienced the birth of new life. For several the baby is their firstborn and for some a second or third child. I love seeing pictures of these precious souls that God has entrusted to my friends. Even though I’ve been around children my whole life in my mom’s daycare, I still never get over the amazement at how tiny these brand new people are or how wonderful they are.

God, our Creator, knows us so intimately that He has all the hairs on our head numbered. Doctors may be able to take measurements when we’re born and when we go in for physicals, but even they can’t know us like the One who made us. You are uniquely fashioned and known completely. Take comfort in the fact that wherever you go, there He is. God loves you and wants you to know Him in the same way that He knows you, a way in which no one else will ever know you.

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.” ~Psalm 139:7-10

Soli Deo Gloria!
Meghan

No comments: