Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Reception Blues & God’s Grace

I will be the first to admit that I got a bit discouraged Tuesday. Ever since getting engaged, Dan and I have been taking care of putting plans in motion for the wedding date in September. I’ve really enjoyed getting to plan our future with the man I love and it’s been a mostly enjoyable process...

Then I hit a wall. I had e-mailed over half a dozen potential reception locations and I kept getting back responses that either put them outside our budget (sometimes enormously so) or said they weren’t available the day of our wedding. So I e-mailed another half dozen, wondering if the responses would be the same.

Since then, I’ve had some better “luck” with the responses I’ve been getting. A couple of the locations are even available on that day AND in our price range! But one of the most wonderful things to come out of this discouragement was an e-mail that Dan sent me, saying that he was praying for the right place. That really put things in perspective for me and reminded me that God is the one that leads our steps, even when it comes to picking out something like a reception hall.

Not that I didn’t trust that God would work it out, but I was taking what I thought to be the solution into my own hands. With that wonderful reminder from my husband-to-be, the discouragement fled as I released the issue. My mom has been astonished at how unfazed I’ve been and I realized yesterday that it’s only by God’s grace that I can feel this way.

So I will forge on with the wedding planning, knowing that God is really the one in charge and is taking care of all the details that I can’t even begin to imagine long before I’ve thought of them.

Soli Deo Gloria!
Meghan

1 comment:

Britta said...

Prayer is always the perfect attitude. Glad to hear you are enjoying wedding planning so far - let me know if there is anything I can do to help you!