Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Factual Friday: Words, words, words

Fact: “Typewriter” is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

I took a typing class my junior year of high school. I needed the extra credits, it was an easy class and my mom convinced me that it would be a useful skill for later in life. Of course, it helped that the teacher was willing to allow me to leave early and skip class once a week to go to my concurrent enrollment class down at the college as well.

I’m really glad I took my mom’s advice about taking that class. It’s pretty cool now to be able to hammer something out on the computer as quickly and smoothly as I can (sometimes). I didn’t always take my mom’s advice as a teenager. Sometimes things still turned out okay, sometimes the same result was reached even if it took longer, but other times my life would’ve been a heck of a lot easier and less painful if I had taken her advice.

So thank you, Mom, for all the advice you’ve given, whether I’ve taken it or not. I know as I go into the world that I am better prepared for it because of what you taught me.

“Mama, you taught me to do the right things.
So, now you have to let your baby fly.
You've given me everything that I will need.
To make it through this crazy thing called life.”

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are welcome my dear, sweet child. God blessed me the day you were born and started preparing me for you to "fly" immediately, knowing that I would want to hold tight and never let go! Dan is a wonderful man and I'm glad that you get to spend the future together.