Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coming back...

This past Monday, I went to my first Weight Watchers meeting since my previous session ended in October of 2009. I will admit that I was a little worried. Between my last meeting in October and Monday, I had been on a cruise, celebrated Thanksgiving, followed by Christmas and New Year’s, not to mention getting engaged. So with all the food related holidays and trips in there, I knew I had gained back some of what I had previously lost. But it turned out to be a bad news/good news situation.

Bad news: My suspicions were confirmed...I had, in fact, gained several pounds since my last weigh-in BUT...

Good news: I lost close to 20 pounds during my last Weight Watchers (WW) session and only gained back 7 of those! I kept off over half of what I’d lost!

So now the battle begins. With the wedding only 220 days away and my dress shopping trip only one month away, I want to look my best. I almost reached the goal of losing 10% of my starting weight last time and that will be my goal again this time (though based on Monday’s starting weight, not last year’s). Thankfully, I was able to find a meeting with the same group leader we had here at work so it’s nice to see a familiar face. She’s very encouraging and excited about what she does.

In some ways, restarting Weight Watchers has felt like coming back to something long forgotten. It was like I had put it on the shelf and walked away, forgetting it was up there, waiting to be taken down again. And now I’ve dusted it off and put it back into circulation, only with more fervor this time. Having an upcoming wedding will do that to you. ;)

Maybe there’s something you have put on the shelf, dear reader. Maybe it’s a hobby, maybe a pastime that took a backseat when other things came up, or maybe it’s something that should have never been shelved, like a friendship. I encourage you to take it up again. We’re less than a month into the new year...it’s never too late for resolutions. ;)

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: