Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Spreading My Wings

When I wanted to rename my blog, I set out several options for friends and family to give their opinions. Buried amongst the options was the name "Faith for Wings" with a verse from the Bible, Isaiah 40:31 "those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." At the time I made this list, none of the names were really jumping out at me, one of the reasons I put it out there for people to read and express their opinions. But as I went on, "Faith for Wings" kept sticking in my mind.

Truth be told, the name did not come from the verse that I later associated it with in that list (see above). Instead, it came from the lyrics of the song that my husband and I danced to as our last dance at our wedding reception, "Fly" by Sara Groves. It's quoted at the top of the blog but I wanted to also share this special song with you here.

My wings are growing stronger by the day. Praise God for His faithfulness! I hope you have the chance, dear friends, to experience His grace as your spread your own wings.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan




Speak in a summer tone
Pause in the after glow
Tenderly whisper my name
Tell me once again why I am your bride
So I can fly
So I can fly

Pause in your busy day
Look extra long my way
Wink at me across the room
Kiss me longer
Touch my arm when I am by your side
So I can fly
So I can fly

Oh how the little things
Strengthen my tiny wings
Help me to take on the world
When you love me there's nothing I wouldn't try
I might even fly
I might even fly
I might even fly

No comments: