Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Going Postal

I have really enjoyed settling into life here in Nebraska. So far, besides being in a new town, not much has been different. We still go to the grocery store on Mondays, church on Sunday, and date nights on Fridays. Saturday still usually involves one football game or another for either Purdue or Maryland. Laundry and dishes are still getting done and we are still renting our place.

But there was one thing I wasn't prepared for...

Rural mail delivery

I'm trying Mr. Mailman! I promise!

I knew we were moving into a new development but mail delivery never crossed my mind until the day we signed the lease and moved in. Turns out the builder hadn't installed the mailbox for the street yet...and the mailman had no idea when they will.

So for now, we trek down to the local post office carrier annex and wait at the service window while they retrieve our mail. It's even gotten to the point where I know the gentleman's name who is usually there and he recognizes me to the point where he no longer has to ask for my ID each time.

It looks like this will change soon since the boxes seem to have been installed at the end of the street a couple days ago. It's been quite the adventure though and has given me a glimpse into some of the differences I will continue to find as we settle into life in Nebraska! :)

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: