Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Factual Friday: Fall

Fact: Fall officially starts on Tuesday!

At 5:18pm this coming Tuesday, September 22nd, the Autumnal Equinox will occur and with it the official ushering in of fall. :) My favorite seasons are fall and spring. My mom once pointed out to me that that’s half the year but what can I say? I love both of them!

One thing I like about fall (and spring, too!) is the color palette that God paints in during this season. Changing leaves, flowers and pumpkins bring rich burgundy, burnt oranges and vibrant yellows to the forefront. Piles of leaves in front yards are kaleidoscopes of color. The cool greens and warm temperatures of summer give way to the warmer colors and cooler temperatures of fall.

Fall also means getting to take out the sweaters and jackets. I love bundling up in a beautiful sweater and enjoying the cooler weather. I’m also looking forward to curling up in front of a fire in the fireplace and breaking out the apple cider. Yes, I know I could do this anytime of the year, but I think there’s something magical about apple cider and fall. What are some of your favorite things about this new season?

I hope you enjoy the beginning of fall! And as we enter a season of thanksgiving, remember to give thanks to God for who He is and all that He does, seen and unseen, in our lives.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: