Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2009

2 Dozen Trips Around The Sun

“So how does it feel to be another year older?”

This question makes me smile. I can’t help it. It amuses me. :) As if the distinction between two days is drastic enough that I can express the difference between being 23 years, 364 days old and 24 years old. My answer is typically something along the lines of: “About the same as yesterday.”

Birthdays are an occasion to reflect, to look back on the past year and remember everything that happened. Twenty-three was quite the rollercoaster for me. I was living and working in Germantown when I was abruptly laid off. I found another job and moved back home with my family. I vacationed at a farm in Pennsylvania by myself and helped with farm chores. Around Christmas time, this wonderful man started pursuing me and we started dating in April. :) I visited two new states (Tennessee and Michigan) and got to meet one of my favorite authors in person (Ted Dekker). I saw good friends from the Focus Institute at reunion in Colorado and had the chance to meet new friends during my trip to Michigan. We also added a member to the family as Chelse’s adoption was finalized!

All in all, a wonderful, crazy, beautiful, exhilarating year that God blessed and watched over. Can’t wait to see what the next year holds and how God will work! :)

Soli Deo Gloria!
Meghan

No comments: