Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Pot Roast, Anyone? :)

I went grocery shopping today! :) It felt so good to be getting groceries again. I enjoyed strolling up and down the aisles. I had my list, I knew what I needed to get, but there was something so enjoyable about not having to just pick up stuff for my lunches at work. I got to buy raw materials to put together dinner tomorrow night. It felt good! When I moved back home after being laid off in November, I went from sharing a kitchen with a housemate to occasionally tinkering in my mom’s kitchen. I have had the chance to do a little bit of cooking at home, but it’s usually whatever my mom has planned for dinner and I’m simply throwing it in the oven or taking over when she has to go to Bible study or run an errand. Tomorrow night, I set the menu and I will cook the meal. :) I’m really looking forward to it. I may not be the best cook, but I do like to experiment when I get the chance. Cookbooks are some of my favorite books. I have a small collection of them with most of the recipes untested. Currently, my favorite kitchen appliance is my Crock-Pot that I got for my birthday last year (currently in storage) because it has 3 different size bowls that fit on the same base. It’s basically 3 Crock-Pots in one. :) The next piece of equipment I’m looking to acquire is an immersion blender so any recommendations would be nice. I hope that this weekend you get to do something that you enjoy as well. Whether it’s going for a leisurely walk, working on your car or in your yard, or maybe spending time with your family, I hope God blesses that time as you employ the gifts and talents He has given you. As for me, I’ll let you know how the pot roast, “mashed potatoes”, and strawberry sorbet go over. :) Soli Deo Gloria! Meghan

No comments: