Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

100th Post! :D

WOOHOO!! :D The time has arrived!


So I promised that when I reached my 100th post I would post a blog that contained 100 things about me :) Let me just say that it's harder than you may think! I started keeping a draft a few weeks ago so that I could have some time to compile a list and even then I found myself stretching to come up with enough. There's also a fine line between fun little facts and TMI which I tried to balance (something I hope I achieved). So without further ado, here is the promised list!

1. Favorite color: Purple.
2. Married on September 4, 2010
3. I'm the oldest of 4 children in my family.
4. I have one brother and two sisters.
5. In my husband's family, I'm the youngest.
6. I graduated high school the same year my husband graduated from college.
7. I graduated from college the same year my husband got his M.B.A.
8. I attended the University of Maryland. (GO TERPS!)
9. I became a Christian in first grade, around the age of 8.
10. I started this list on March 8, 2011 to give myself time to come up with all these little facts.
11. My very first blog post on this blog was back on June 13, 2007.
12. I had at least one other blog before this one over on LiveJournal.
13. I love to ring English handbells in my chruch's adult group.
14. I ring upper bass bells currently, though I've played in several different positions.
15. I'm a first-generation college graduate.
16. I attended the Focus Leadership Institute in the Fall of 2007 (find out more here).
17.  My birthday is in August.
18. When I was young, I wanted to be an astronaut.
19. I've been fascinated by the weather for a long time and love meteorology.
20. I'm a huge fan of Star Wars. :)
21. One of my best friends, K, introduced me to Star Wars in 6th grade.
22. I've had one job in retail at DressBarn as a part-time associate for one summer.
23. I love candles. There are about 20 alone in our living room and at least 20 more elsewhere.
24. Connected to 23, Yankee Candle is one of my favorite stores.
25. I love Chai Tea.
26. I have never traveled off the North American continent (the Carribbean doesn't count).
27. I've been on 3 cruises, all with Disney Cruise Lines and have loved each one! :)
28. I'd love to travel to Europe someday and visit several countries.
29. My husband calls me the "paparazzi" because I take so many pictures.
30. I took over 1,700 photos on our honeymoon in Hawai'i.
31. I love old black and white Astaire/Rogers films.
32. Also a big Bing Crosby fan.
33. I love being crafty and the satisfaction that comes with creating something.
34. My latest project was creating a spring yarn wreath for our front door.
35. I love scrapbooking but have trouble finding the time and space to do so.
36. I love collecting cookbooks.
37. I like to have fun trying new recipes and experimenting.
38. Thankfully, so far, none of the cooking experiments have been total duds (they've all been edible at least).
39. My two favorite kitchen appliances are my crock-pot and stand mixer.
40. My middle name is Averil.
41. I'm the fourth generation, first-born daughter to carry that middle name. :)
42. I plan to pass my middle name onto my first-born daughter.
43. 1+1=3 (for large values of 1)...when I told Dan that for the first time, he cracked up :)
44. I love watching "Dancing with the Stars" and "Wipeout".
45. We don't have cable TV.
46. We do have an antenna and lots of movies :) I don't really miss cable.
47. Hulu is my friend. Not only can I catch TV shows I miss but I get to discover movies I may never have heard of otherwise.
48. One of my favorite TV shows I watch on Hulu is Iron Chef America.
49. I didn't make this list entirely in order, but rather skipped about, putting facts where I wanted them in the list.
50. Coming up with 100 little facts is a lot harder than it looks!
51. I reached 50 facts by March 16, 8 days after starting to write them down.
52. My husband is 5 years older than I am.
53. His very first gift to me was the 6-hour BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice".
54. My very first gift to him was a book of music for Handel's "Messiah".
55. I just recently finished my first Beth Moore study, "Esther", with the Women's Bible study I'm in.
56. I love the Pixar movie, "The Incredibles".
57. My husband bought it ("The Incredibles") for me for my birthday.
58. My brother used to tease me because I would watch it whenever it was on TV while I was watching. :)
59. I love Pixar movies in general :) Looking forward to Cars 2 this summer.
60. The only movie Dan and I saw in theaters while we were dating (before getting engaged) was "Up".
61. I've worked for Booz Allen Hamilton for over 2 years now.
62. This is the longest I've had any one job. (I'm young, I know.)
63. I hope someday to open my own Etsy shop. :)
64. I want to be a better blogger and hope to continue posting more frequently.
65. I have on tap a blog about the wreath I made for our front door for spring (with instructions).
66. I belong to BookSneeze.com where I receive new books or DVDs in return for an honest review on my blog and a commercial website (i.e. Amazon.com).
67. So far I have reviewed 3 books (all non-fiction) and 1 DVD for BookSneeze.
68. I am working on writing my 4th book review for BookSneeze, "The Band That Played On". It should be posted soon.
69. I graduated Valedictorian of my high school class.
70. I have a Bachelor of Science in Physics.
71. I still own and watch VHS tapes.
72. My favorite Disney movie as a kid was "The Little Mermaid".
73. We took my little sister to see "Toy Story 3" and "Tangled"...mostly so that I could see them :)
74. I love Sudoku puzzles.
75. I've been dancing since I was young (six-ish).
76. I've done tap, ballet, pointe, jazz, lyrical, modern and, most recently, ballroom.
77. I get excited about using coupons at the grocery store.
78. The only plant I've been able to keep alive long-term is a piece of bamboo I've had for a few years now.
79. Even though I have issues keeping stuff alive, I've loved the little bit of gardening I've experiemented with.
80. In 2009, I planted cucumbers, carrots and basil in window boxes. Yum homemade pesto!
81. I'm still deciding what to plant this year, but it's been requested that I plant some flowers :)
82. I hit the 75% completion mark for this list on March 31st...23 days after starting!
83. One of my favorite new married traditions has been meeting my husband for lunch on Fridays.
84. For several weeks now, after lunch on Fridays, I go to the animal shelter and look at the puppies.
85. I hope we can get a dog someday once we're a little more settled into our apartment :)
86. My last pet (that was solely mine, not family) was a Betta fish named Caspian.
87. I was a competitive ballroom dancer in college.
88. I earned one first place in all my competitions (Sophmore year, Baby BAM Jam).
89. I love that my husband is willing to learn to dance and I love going out dancing with him.
90. So glad I'm almost done with this list!
91. When I was younger, I attend a Western-themed horseback riding camp called River Valley Ranch.
92. The best horse I ever rode was a co-worker's Tennesee Walking Horse. Loved it! Wish I could ride more often.
93. I finished this list on April 6, a total of 30 days, and posted one day later after my husband had a chance to preview it.
94. I gave up Facebook for Lent this year.
95. While I miss some things (mostly pictures!), staying off Facebook hasn't been as hard as I thought.
96. I will be unlinking my blog from Facebook after Lent, when I log back on.
97. When the new blog name goes into effect, I will be allowing my husband to post if he so chooses :)
98. So glad I'm almost done with this list!
99. If you're still reading this, you are a truly dedicated friend! Thank you!
100. The new name of my blog will be Faith for Wings. I will begin the transition and remodel of the blog soon. I will post the new URL before I change it when it is verified as available.

Well, there you have it! I am so excited to have reached 100 blog posts. Thank you for taking this journey and I hope we have many more adventures together. I look forward to continuing to blog and interact with you here, my friends. Thank you so much again for making this such a fun outlet for me. Here's to the future!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: