Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Cherry Blossoms!

This weekend, Dan and I celebrated a few special anniversaries. As of today, we've been married for seven months.
Also, two years (730 days) ago today we started officially dating with an outing to the cherry blossoms and our now favorite Thai restuarant. 
The now infamous unicorn picture
In addition, a year ago, we met our wedding photographer in DC to do our engagement photos while the cherry blossoms were in bloom.
So what better way to celebrate all of these special occasions than to go visit the DC cherry blossoms! :) I know, such an origianl idea but we totally love seeing these gorgeous trees each year and reminiscing about our previous visits, each of which has been totally unique.

This year, we visited several of the places from the past two years as we recalled previous years and reminisced about our relationship and how things have changed. We even recreated the infamous unicorn pictures!
We wandered around the Tidal Basin and my wonderful husband let me stop frequently and take tons of photos. Here is a sampling.


 










 

To top off the night, we had dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, the same place that we went after our first date and discussed what we wanted our relationship to become. In honor of my friend, H, I had a Thai iced coffee (she's the one that introduced me to them).


It was an absolutely amazing time spent with the man I love, celebrating our relationship by visiting places special to us and enjoying the beauty of God's creation and His blessings. I look forward to many more months and years of celebrations to come. Love you, sweetheart!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

P.S. This is my 99th blog entry. As promised, my 100th post will be 100 facts. I'm still compiling the list but hope to have it completed soon! :)

No comments: