Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Imagine!

Friends! Exciting news!! :)

Last month, BookSneeze partnered with Women of Faith to offer bloggers the chance to apply to attend a local Women of Faith conference and blog about the experience. I just found out before leaving for California that I was accepted as a blogger for the Washington, DC conference at the end of August! I am so excited to be attending a Women of Faith conference again. I attended regularly for several years but haven't been to one in a couple of years due to scheduling and money issues. But now I've been given the opportunity to attend again! :)

This year, the Women of Faith conference is being held at the Verizon Center August 26th and 27th. Friday is basically a 12 hour day (10a-10p) with a 3 hour break from 3:30-6:30. Saturday goes from 9a-5p. It's a long exhausting weekend but in the past has been totally worth it to worship with other women and learn from others that have been where I am. I'm excited to hear Sheila Walsh and Luci Swindoll speak again. They've been members of the speaking team since I started attending. They've split the team into two groups recently and added a few other members so that not all the women have to be at every conference so I will miss some of the ladies I've enjoyed before but there are a few new additions, like Lisa Harper, that I'm looking forward to hearing as well. And, of course, the musical guests are always a joy and this year will be no exception with Mary Mary and Natalie Grant! :)

So if you're looking for a good weekend, join me at the Women of Faith conference. You can click the image to the left to get more information. It is quite a unique time with a stadium full of women who love and worship God. Hope to see you there!


Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: