Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

WOF Update and a New Book!

Friends! :)

Just wanted to give you an update on the Women of Faith conference coming up NEXT WEEKEND! I can't believe it's so close! I received my tickets in the mail at the end of last week. In the several times I've been to the conference prior, I've mostly sat in the 100-section, the sloped seats in the lower portion of the "bowl" at the Verizon Center. But this year that all changes. I was so excited to see that the tickets that came in the mail are for the FLOOR! Considering the tickets were free in exchange for posting a couple of blogs about the event, I basically expected them to be in the nosebleed section. What a surprise gift! :) One of my best friends is coming up from Va. Beach to spend the weekend and attend the conference with me. So exciting!

Also, in conjunction with the Women of Faith conference, I selected a new book from the BookSneeze lineup! It was perfect timing because they were offering a book by one of the Women of Faith speakers! So now I'm about ready to start reading "Stumbling Into Grace: Confessions of a Sometimes Spiritually Clumsy Woman" by Lisa Harper. Lisa used to work at Focus on the Family as the director of women's ministry and is now one of the speakers on the Women of Faith team that will be at the DC conference next weekend. I thought it would be a great match-up to choose a book that could supplement my Women of Faith experience. And how cute is that little girls on the cover! :) The book description reads as follows:
"Humorous yet poignant stories from Lisa's life help readers relate to spiritual truths found in the life and ministry of Christ.
Stumbling Into Grace is the diary-devotional of one woman's honest, ongoing, bumbling journey of faith and how she finds encouragement through a deeper understanding of Christ's time on earth. Within each chapter she alternates her often humorous memoir with stirring portraits of Jesus and his own encounters as recorded in the New Testament.
Both intimately relevant and refreshingly inspirational, this book will help readers to jettison the theological misconceptions, guilt, shame, and hypocrisy they struggle with, exchanging them for a vibrant, passionate relationship with Christ that results in a more abundant, joyful life."

Can't wait to read it and share my review with you! :)

Have a blessed day!
Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

1 comment:

trinward said...

I'll be there! On the floor too! :) Maybe we'll see each other! You just sold me on this book and you haven't read it yet! Thanks for pointing it out!