Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Factual Friday: Achilles

IT'S BAAAAAACK! :D

It's been quite a while since I've done one of these posts :) So welcome again to Factual Friday!

Fact: The Achilles tendon is the largest tendon in the body.

Secondary Fact: My husband ruptured his Achilles at the end of July playing indoor soccer and had surgery 15 days later to repair it.

Despite knowing where it was and that my husband had ruptured his, I had no clue that the Achilles is the largest tendon in the body. Go figure!

This time of injury has taught us both a lot about reliance on others, humility, and loving care. Dan has had to rely on me much more than usual to drive him places for appointments and to carry things around the house. It has been humbling for both of us to realize how much help we need and how much help the other person has been to us. I've also had to realize how to step back and allow my husband to still do the things that he can. I steal from him when I treat him as a complete invalid when he wants to help as able.

I'm looking forward to when my husband is able to walk again but I also know that this time of healing has slowed us down and taught us some valuable lessons, despite the difficulties. Lessons I hope I remember for a long time to come.

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: