Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tomatoes! Basil! Sandwich!

So these are the first tomatoes that came from my garden...
Aren't they beautiful?!
And again...
nom nom nom
Mix in a little pesto made with fresh basil from the garden (which I forgot to get a pictures of), add a slice of yummy mozzarella cheese...

And voila!
Just look at that yummy pesto goodness seeping out!
And again...
See the yummy tomato?
I always love it when we get to enjoy the fruits of our little patio garden. This time, I decided to try out a recipe I'd seen on Pinterest for a caprese grilled cheese sandwich.

Click for original recipe
It was truly fabulous (at least I thought so, it got an okay from Dan). I froze the leftover pesto in an ice cube tray to have individual servings for the future.

I tried to plant peas this year along with my basil and tomatoes but "Ninja Squirrel" had other ideas about those...Needless to say, we aren't going to be enjoying any peas this year. However, I am looking forward to enjoying some more basil and tomatoes for the rest of the summer. Four more tomatoes are growing and ripening right now and the basil plants are putting out more leaves after being trimmed back when I made pesto.

It's so nice to be able to enjoy a tangible benefit to the work I've put into these plants. Keep growing, little ones! :) Can't wait to enjoy some more when they're ready!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: