Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three weeks

The countdown has begun. In just under three weeks now, our little apartment where we started our married life will be empty and we will be on our journey to Nebraska.

Three...weeks...

Excuse me a minute while the brevity of that sinks in...

The last time I moved across the country I was 5 years old. The most I was concerned about was making sure my toys, blanket, and stuffed elephant came with me. Now I'm a wife and managing a household (though no children yet) and the enormity of moving an entire home-worth of household goods seems daunting. I'm grateful for movers who will handle most of it but still...

This is about how I feel
Sometimes I feel like being uprooted occasionally is a good thing. It forces us to rely on God for the unknown and live out the belief that He is all-powerful and sovereign. I've had to trust that we would find a place to rent that we liked in a window of 48 hours (we did) and then I had to rely on God as we started figuring out how to do this move with my husband still on crutches (plans are falling into place).

All along the way, God has walked each step with us, providing and guiding, leading us into this new adventure. I can't wait to see what He has in store out in Nebraska!

Soli Deo Gloria,
Meghan

No comments: